Squeare Enix has filed “A Survivor is Born” as a Trademark for the newest addition to what I intend to highly anticipate: TOMB RAIDER ORIGINS or Tomb Raider 9.
Other sources are claiming they will release the title as simply “Tomb Raider” and the idea is that the game is intended to bring us back to the roots of Tomb Raider (Remember the good ol’ PS1 / Sega Saturn and PC back in 1996 that had you jumping away from wild dogs?) To date we’ve played every one, and can’t say how cool learning about Lara’s origins will be. The favourite as of late here at GGD has been TR Anniversary which really brought our Tomb Raiding expectations right home and this is right on par. Someone in marketing was listening.
When a sudden storm destroys her research vessel, a young and inexperienced Lara Croft finds herself stranded on a mysterious and remote island hidden off the shores of Japan. Despite several signs of various inhabitants the island is oddly deserted, and an uneasy feeling settles in as strange sounds emerge from the shadows.
With only her determination, inner strength, and resourcefulness to help her, Lara must overcome the challenges of a harsh and unforgiving journey that will take her across a vast island wilderness and deep into the claustrophobic and menacing underground tombs from the island’s past.
As she struggles to prevail through brutal combat encounters and treacherous exploration, Lara will be pushed to her limits and forced to adapt to her situation in order to survive and escape from the lethal predators that stalk her every move.
Tomb Raider: Ascension Info Leaked – Coming 2011
CNews World Fans of Lara Croft are going to get excited with this one, as it seems as though the new Tomb Raider game entitled Ascension will have a release date sometime in 2011, leaked information has revealed.We have a number of reasons to believe that Tomb Raider: Ascension is in development and coming next year. First with this image showing a LinkedIn profile displaying the title of the game and 2011 in…
• Hunt or Be Hunted: Evade, outsmart, trick and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.
• Survival Action: Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive through visceral one-on-one melee combat.
• Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns, and the hunter’s ultimate weapon, the bow.
• Creative Survival: React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope, and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat game play options.
• Free Movement: Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump: There is no one right way to traverse, survive, and explore the harsh environment of the island.
• One Cohesive World: The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather, and natural events.
• Origin Story: The new Tomb Raider concept reboots the franchise by exploring Lara Croft’s transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island’s mysterious past.