Our Batman: Arkham Knight walkthrough will guide you from start to finish with strategy tips for this action-adventure game on the PS4, Xbox One & PC.
In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn and the mysterious Arkham Knight, to destroy The Dark Knight forever. Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise. The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City. Be The Batman.
This game includes Blood, Language, Suggestive Themes, Violence.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: “Most Wanted Mission: City of Fear”
- Chapter 2: “Finding Scarecrow’s Location”
- Chapter 3: “Infiltrating ACE Chemicals”
- Chapter 4: “Confront Scarecrow”
- Chapter 5: “An Old Friend Returns”
- Chapter 6: “Clock Tower Rescue”
Batman: Arkham Knight Walkthrough
Batman: Arkham Knight brings the award-winning Arkham trilogy from Rocksteady Studios to its epic conclusion. Developed exclusively for New-Gen platforms, Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile. The highly anticipated addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City. In this explosive finale, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city that he is sworn to protect, as Scarecrow returns to unite the super criminals of Gotham and destroy the Batman forever.
“Be The Batman” – Live the complete Batman experience as the Dark Knight enters the concluding chapter of Rocksteady’s Arkham trilogy. Players will become The World’s Greatest Detective like never before with the introduction of the Batmobile and enhancements to signature features such as FreeFlow Combat, stealth, forensics and navigation.
Key Game Features:
- Introducing the Batmobile – The Batmobile is brought to life with a completely new and original design featuring a distinct visual appearance and a full range of on-board high-tech gadgetry. Designed to be fully drivable throughout the game world and capable of transformation from high speed pursuit mode to military grade battle mode, this legendary vehicle sits at the heart of the game’s design and allows players to tear through the streets at incredible speeds in pursuit of Gotham City’s most dangerous villains. This iconic vehicle also augments Batman’s abilities in every respect, from navigation and forensics to combat and puzzle solving creating a genuine and seamless sense of the union of man and machine.
- The Epic Conclusion to Rocksteady’s Arkham Trilogy – Batman: Arkham Knight brings all-out war to Gotham City. The hit-and-run skirmishes of Batman: Arkham Asylum, which escalated into the devastating conspiracy against the inmates in Batman: Arkham City, culminates in the ultimate showdown for the future of Gotham. At the mercy of Scarecrow, the fate of the city hangs in the balance as he is joined by the Arkham Knight, a completely new and original character in the Batman universe, as well as a huge roster of other infamous villains including Harley Quinn, The Penguin, Two-Face and the Riddler.
- Explore the entirety of Gotham City – For the first time, players have the opportunity to explore all of Gotham City in a completely open and free-roaming game world. More than five times that of Batman: Arkham City, Gotham City has been brought to life with the same level of intimate, hand-crafted attention to detail for which the Arkham games are known.
- Most Wanted Side Missions – Players can fully immerse themselves in the chaos that is erupting in the streets of Gotham. Encounters with high-profile criminal masterminds are guaranteed while also offering gamers the opportunity to focus on and takedown individual villains or pursue the core narrative path.
- New Combat and Gadget Features – Gamers have at their disposal more combat moves and high-tech gadgetry than ever before. The new ‘gadgets while gliding’ ability allows Batman to deploy gadgets such as batarangs, the grapnel gun or the line launcher mid-glide while Batman’s utility belt is once again upgraded to include all new gadgets that expand his range of forensic investigation, stealth incursion and combat skills.
PC System Requirements:
• Minimum Specs:
OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 45 GB available space
• Recommended Specs:
OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 – 3 GB Memory Recommended
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM STORY RECAP:
Having captured the Joker during one of the villain’s attempts to attack Gotham City Hall, Batman accompanied his greatest foe into the maximum-security wing of Arkham Asylum. It soon became clear that the Joker’s capture was merely part of a grand scheme to trap and ultimately kill Batman within Arkham Asylum.
Batman found himself fighting many incarcerated members of his Rogues Gallery, as well as extremely powerful criminals enhanced with the Titan formula, a more potent version of the Venom drug used by Bane. The Joker consumed an overdose of the Titan formula in a last-ditch attempt to stop Batman, but even in his monstrous form the Joker was ultimately defeated on the rooftops of Arkham Asylum.
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY STORY RECAP:
A year after the Joker’s attempt to kill Batman in Arkham Asylum, Quincy Sharp used his new powers as Mayor of Gotham to convert the city’s most notorious slums into a massive prison: Arkham City. Mayor Sharp placed the prison under the control of psychiatrist Dr. Hugo Strange and the private military corporation, TYGER Security. Bruce Wayne, publicly airing his disapproval of the Arkham City project, was arrested and thrown into the facility.
Retrieving the Batsuit via an airdrop from Alfred, Batman was able to infiltrate the heart of Arkham City and stop Hugo Strange’s plot to obliterate Arkham City and kill everyone inside. Batman encountered several of his old foes in Arkham City, including Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, the Penguin, Clayface, and the Joker… who was slowly dying from his exposure to the Titan formula. In their final battle, the Joker accidentally destroyed the cure developed by Batman and Mr. Freeze, and ultimately succumbed to his illness. The Joker was no more.
BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT STORY INTRO:
Many months have passed since the Joker fell. Gotham City has been holding its collective breath ever since, fearing a war over the power vacuum left by the Clown Prince of Crime. That battle never came. Crime rates actually dropped for the first time in Gotham’s recent memory, and its citizens prepared to breathe a sigh of relief.
That is, until the Scarecrow’s return to Gotham on the eve of Halloween, threatening to inundate all of Gotham with fear gas. A mass evacuation lead by the GCPD has cleared the city of innocent civilians. Only those who enjoy the chaos, the scum of Gotham, remain within the evacuated city.
Tonight, Gotham is relying on one man to save them all.
Welcome to the Batman: Arkham Knight walkthrough!
XCV will be your pro player guide showing you around the game’s areas. This walkthrough is played on the highest difficulty – Knightmare. It requires a bit more dodging than countering to keep combos high, because there are no counter warning indicators.
Case Synopsis: Meet up with Commissioner Gordon to stop Scarecrow from detonating a toxic bomb.
Detective Vision Tip: Tap the Detective activation button (X key on PC) to enter Detective Mode at any time. Detective Mode gives Batman an alternate view of his surroundings, enabling him to spot enemies, hiding spots, and structural weaknesses in his surrounding environments. Detective Mode also provides tactical information on enemies or objects, such as what weapons or equipment an enemy has, or what the specific function of a control panel is.
You can also hold (instead of tap) the same activation button/key to perform a quick scan of the surrounding area (environment analysis). This allows Batman to analyze evidence or mark out-of-reach Riddler trophy locations to return to later on.
Case Synopsis: Use the Panessa Studios Antenna to pinpoint Scarecrow’s location. Meet up with Oracle in the Clock Tower.
Batmobile Attack Tip: Batman can utilize Batmobile weapons to assist in fighting enemies on the streets of Gotham. While engaged in melee combat with the Batmobile nearby, a special meter will appear to right of the Combo gauge that fills each time Batman strikes an enemy. Once the meter is filled, press the action button (or Alt + 2 on PC) to initiate a Batmobile Assisted Takedown.
Batmobile Remote Tip: Batman can take control of the Batmobile at any time by equipping the Batmobile Remote gadget. The Batmobile has a limited range while being controlled remotely, with Batman’s current location called out by a Bat symbol.
Note that Batman will automatically enter the Batmobile if it is driven close enough to his current position.
Batmobile Speed Boost: The Batmobile’s Afterburner can provide a significant speed boost for a short period of time, and recharges automatically when not in use. Basically, you should use it any chance you get!
Case Synopsis: Rescue the missing ACE Chemicals workers to get information on Scarecrow. Find out who the mysterious Arkham Knight is.
Ledge Takedown Tip: Batman can quietly incapacitate an enemy while hanging from a ledge by moving near the opponent and pressing the button prompt (right mouse button on PC). If the opponent is too far away for a Ledge Takedown, Batman will use the Batclaw to pull the enemy closer before performing a Silent Takedown.
Escape Hint: The Smoke Pellet allows Batman to escape from pursuing enemies, giving him time to reassess the situation. When spotted by armed criminals. Pursuing enemies will run into the smoke, so be sure to leave the immediate area before they arrive.
Case Synopsis: Explore deeper into the central mixing chamber in ACE Chemicals to confront Scarecrow and put a stop to him dispersing the toxin.
Chutes and Vents Tip: Chutes can be found on various walls in exterior and interior locations, usually connecting two networks of Floor Grates. Batman can safely travel between upper and lower levels without being heard by his opponents. He can also enter Chutes by using the Grapnel to travel directly to an entrance.
Batman can perform a Vent Takedown by staying near a covered entrance and pressing the attack command (right mouse button on PC) when an enemy comes near.
Case Synopsis: Escape ACE Chemicals before the building explodes. Meet Gordon outside GCPD Prisoner Dentention and explain to him what happened to Oracle.
Floor Grates Stealth Tip: Networks of Floor Grates exist all over Gotham City, allowing Batman to sneak through an area. Once you give the command to go in (press the Left Control key + Q or the Middle Mouse Button) and then Batman will enter the nearest Floor Grate automatically, even if he’s a few feet away from the entrance.
Be aware that enemies can spot Batman in a Floor Grate if they are aware he is in the area!
Upgrade Notes: Don’t forget to upgrade your Batsuit and Batmobile. After opening the Map menu, navigate to the WayneTech menu. Batman can spend Upgrade points to unlock additional combat abilities and Gadgets, or to improve the Batsuit V8.03 or the Batmobile. A brief description is available for each Upgrade when it is highlighted.
Upgrade points are acquired by earning experience points. The meter on the right side of the screen indicates how many more experience points need to be earned before the next Upgrade point is awarded. Experience points are earned through several in-game actions including: completing missions and AR Challenges, finding Riddler Trophies, and building up large combos during combat.
Batman: Arkham Knight Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Chapter 6: Clock Tower Rescue.
Case Synopsis: Escort Gordon to Oracle’s Clock Tower. Take out the Arkham Knight’s militia forces occupying the clock Tower, then investigate the Clock Tower to find out what happened to Oracle.
Tip: Activate the electromagnetic ejection system of the Batmobile to launch Batman high into the air and initiating a Glide.